While updating an ASP.NET MVC website running Angular I ran across a $Modal issue and the error was Unknown provider: $modalProvider <- $modal. In order to fix this issues I had to change the $Modal inject to $uiModal, which was due to a naming change in the angular-ui-bootstrap framework.
The framework is located at: https://angular-ui.github.io/bootstrap
At Tampa Code Camp 2009 I did 3 sessions, one on Linq 4.0, one on WCF 4.0, and an impromptu discussion on TDD. Here are the presentations on Linq 4.0 and WCF 4.0.
Had this issue and wanted to pass it on:
IE 8 has a feature called Loosely-Coupled Internet Explorer (LCIE) which results in IE running across multiple processes.
Older versions of the Visual Studio Debugger get confused by this and cannot figure out how to attach to the correct process. You can work around this by disabling the process growth feature of LCIE. Here’s how:
- Open RegEdit
- Browse to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer -> Main
- Add a dword under this key called TabProcGrowth
- Set TabProcGrowth to 0
Since you are running on Windows Server 2003, this is all you should need to do. If you run into the same problem on Vista or newer, you will also need to turn off protected mode.
Credit: Brad Sullivan, Program Manager, Visual Studio Debugger, MSFT
To turn off protected mode in Vista, it is the checkbox on the Security tab under Tools -> Internet Options.